Friday, May 21, 2010

ATC Nursery Rhyme


An 'ATC' for the swap 'Nursery Rhymes'. It is going to be a booklet, that's why it's square. This is the one I kept (the first one). On the other ones I wrote more text. I like those even better. I started with a black and white drawing from Fiep Westendorp. It took a lot of work to color it (with my Derwent Inktense pencils). Then I glued them on the background (painted blue with acrylics) with gel medium.

This is the first time I 'distressed' a card. I sanded it and wanted to use a distress ink pad, but couldn't find it in the stores. So I experimented with ecoline (watery paint) and a make up sponge. It worked. And I sanded it again and added some golden details with a stamp and with a paintbrush. As a final layer I covered the whole card with matte gel medium.

I made a series of 10. I am used to making just one, but with the ATC swaps I make series and I find I learn a lot from them

I like how they turned out. The only thing is that the rhyme of Jip and Janneke kept playing in my head over and over again as I was working on the cards :-)

No comments: